We picked up our second bag of produce last week and once again we were so excited for all the organic veggies we get to incorporate into our meals this week.
Our bag this week included Kale! (a favorite of Pretty Penny girls), a sweet onion and snow peas, and a fun bunch of Chocolate mint. Since this bag was a true mix we used the veggies in three different ways.
We tackled the Kale two nights ago and did what we do best... made Kale chips. We tore the freshly picked Kale into bit sized pieces and cranked the heat up on the oven to 400 degrees. Tossing the Kale with lemon juice and olive oil we spread out the kale into a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roasting the Kale for about 20 mins (but keep an eye on them). One they are crispy sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy! Warning, Kale chips are extremely addictive
The onion and peas we thought would be perfect in a Stir Fry.
2 Tablespoons Wok Oil
1 Tablespoon Classic Stir Fry Sauce (House of Tsang)
Fresh Snow Peas
1 Red Pepper
1 Bunch of Asparagus
1 Sweet Yellow Onion
1 Can Stir Fry Vegetables
(includes bean sprouts, water chestnuts, carrots and bamboo shoots)
Package of Rice Stick Noodles
1. Heat Wok, once heated thoroughly add oil and steak.
2. Cook steak to your liking and remove from the Wok.
3. Add veggies to the Wok and saute in the Stir Fry Sauce.
4. Meanwhile in a saucepan boil water and submerge noodles in the hot water and stir until soft.
5. Add noodles and steak to the veggies in the Wok and heat through, make sure the noodles absorb some of the good sauce.
The final organic goody from our bag was Chocolate Mint, it was a perfect paired with a Raspberry Tea!
Hope this gives you some inspiration for the next time you are at your local Farmers Market.
Tune in next week to see Week Three of our big bag of organic goodness!
look back to Week One