Chipotle is a favorite lunch spot of mine and the other night I was craving a burrito bowl so we attempted a homemade version of the fast food favorite. And let me tell you they were delicious. Dare I say it but they might have even been better. We made a grilled Chicken version but any meat option will do.
for the rice:
3 cups cooked white rice
2 Tablespoons of cilantro
1 Tablespoon orange zest
1. Fluff in the combination of the cilantro and zest
We have the best rice cooker if you are in the market for a new kitchen tool. It doubles as a veggie steamer and the rice is perfectly cooked each time we use it.
for the Chicken:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 Tablespoons of your favorite taco seasoning
1. Use taco seasoning as a rub for the chicken
2. Grill chicken and slice into strips for each bowl
for the toppings:
Pico de Gallo
1. Cut into bite size pieces
2. Start with rice and layer chicken
3. Top rice with your favorite ingredients
4. Garnish with green onions and sour cream
Building a Bowl.