'Tis the season to put pumpkin in just about anything and everything. I came across this recipe and I just had to make it. Pumpkin and Rice Krispies why didn't I think of that ?? It is the most perfect snack to bring for the work pot luck, a family dinner, or even to pass out to trick-or-treaters!
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 10oz. bag of mini marshmallows plus one extra cup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of all spice
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of kosher salt
6 cups Rice Krispies
1. Spray your baking dish to prevent treats from sticking
2. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and add the pumpkin. continue cooking until the pumpkin is heated all the way through
3. Fold in the bag of mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
4. Once marshmallows are melted, add vanilla, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg and salt, then remove from heat.
5. Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes and then fold in the extra cup of marshmallows.
6. Let the new mixture cool for another 25 minutes, letting it come to room temperature.
7. Add the dry cereal and stir using a silicon spatula to prevent sticking, until the cereal is evenly coated.
8. Press into the baking dish and try to let them sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.
9. Enjoy and Share!