'Tis the season for chili and after seeing these little guys I knew that cornbread would never be the same. Jalapenos are the perfect vessel for the cheesy cornbread mixture, and after removing the seeds and veins the heat is just perfect. I discovered that the perfect tool for removing the seeds and veins is a pie server!
12 Med/Large fresh Jalapenos
1 Box of Honey Cornbread Mix
1 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (1 cup for the batter and 1/2 cup for sprinkling)
1 cup corn...frozen or canned
1. Slice each jalapeno down the center and remove all the seeds and veins...remember my pie server trick!
2. In a mixing bowl, mix up the Honey cornbread according to the box instructions and add the corn and the 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
3. Fill a baggie with the cornbread mixture and snip the corner, piping the mixture into each jalapeno half.
4. Place them on a baking rack and sheet pan
5. Sprinkle them with the remaining one half cup of cheddar cheese.
6. Bake them at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until the Cornbread is firm. They will puff up!
7. Let them cool.