This has got to be one of my new favorite pasta dishes, the spiciness of the sausage and the bitterness of the Brussels make this dish to die for. Trader Joes has one of the best pre-made pesto sauces I have ever tried. And I love this noodle orecchiette, they are like little buttons that collect flavor.
1 lb. Shredded Brussels Sprouts (found at Trader Joes)
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
16 oz. Orecchiette Pasta
4 Spicy Chicken Sausages (found also at Trader Joes)
1/2 cup Pesto (good guess...Trader Joes)
Grated Parmesan, Romano and Asiago Cheese Blend (Trader Joes)
1. Boil water and cook pasta according to directions on package.
2. Toss Brussles and half of the olive oil, and spead out onto a cookie sheet.
3. Roast at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile add the rest of the olive oil to a skillet and cut the sausages into discs and brown.
5. Once the pasta is cooked strain and toss with the pesto, (we added a little more than 1/2 cup because we love pesto!)
6. Add the sausage, brussles and a sprinkle of cheese at once so that the cheese melts.