February 1, 2012

Olive Cheese Bread


I found this olive cheese bread from Pioneer Woman, and knew I had to make it!! I love olives, cheese and bread so much, i knew it had to be good! 

*Recommendation- I love olives, green and black, but it made the bread a little salty for my liking, so I would recommend using half of the black and green olives it calls for.

Ingredients
1 loaf of French/Italian bread 
6 oz. of green olives with Pimientos (use half if you don't want it as salty)
6 oz. of black olives (again use half, if you prefer)
2 green onions
1 stick of butter, room temperature
1/2 c mayonnaise
1 1/2 c grated Monterey Jack Cheese


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Roughly the black and green olives, and thinly slice the 2 green onions.


Combine the room temperature butter, mayo, cheese, olives and onions in a mixing bowl. Stir together until combined.

Slice your bread lengthwise, and put on a baking sheet.


Spread mixture on top of sliced bread. Use all of the mixture, it will look like a lot but will melt into the bread.

Bake on 325 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.


Slice up into pieces, and enjoy!

-Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Is it ok to prepare spread ahead and refrigerate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read elsewhere you can remake mix and refrigerate for up to two days

    ReplyDelete