Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
approx 3 and a half lbs beef chuck roast
16 oz. beef broth ( 1 1/2 cans )
1 10.5 oz can condensed French Onion Soup
6 oz. red wine
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
4-6 French rolls
sliced provolone cheese, optional
1.Season meat with salt and pepper
2. Pour beef broth, condensed soup, red wine, and garlic powder into slow cooker and place meat into liquid.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, may very depending on the strength of your slow cooker.
4. Strain beef from juices, however keep juices.
5. Place meat back into slow cooker and cover allowing meat to rest, leave cooker on low allowing meat to remain warm.
6. In a 450 degree oven toast bread with or without cheese slices, adding a little crunch to your bread (best dipping tool)
7. At this point season your Au Jus, I used a combination of pepper and garlic salt. We also needed to skim excess fat that had settled on the top.
8. Build, Dip, Bite, Enjoy