November 10, 2011

Obsession : Fairy Tales

I have recently been loving anything Fairy Tale, I think it all started with my
Sunday Night Fave "Once Upon a Time"



Today I read about a few new movies that won't be in theater until next summer
but they totally captured my attention...



Snow White and the Huntsman, starring Kristen Stewart as Snow and Charlize Theron as Evil Queen, described as an epic action-adventure.  As we all know Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen therefore the queen sets out to destroy her.  The queen is reluctant to know that Snow White had been training in the art of war with a huntsman.  (Cue Title)
Produced by the same minds that brought us Alice in Wonderland, this film is a modern vision of the tale we all grew up with. 





Mirror, Mirror starring critically acclaimed Julia Roberts as the Evil Queen and the fresh new face Lily Collins as the one and only Snow White.  This version sounds like it could be one of my new favorite takes on the Snow White story because of the attention paid to the dwarfs and their plot to reclaim the kingdom from the evil one herself.  Tagged on The Internet Movie Database as a Comedy, Drama, Fantasy sparking my interest even more. 



And to bring your own Fairy Tale to life below are a few homes for the Modern Dwarf, I mean Dweller.





My favorite part about these thatched roof beauties are their unique shapes and how they seem to blend into the surroundings not take away from it.  All we need now is some porridge and good Fairy Tale to read. 



-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment