We made this a while back, but it was just too delicious not to share. This is a great idea for either a light dinner or a warm lunch. Unfortunately tomatoes are hard to find this time of year, but when you warm them up I can stand a hot house (usually I do not even go near them when I see the sign). Inspiration for our meal came from this great site. More Please
1 Crunchy French Baguette
(to withstand the moisture of the tomatoes)
3 Tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
2-3 Medium sized Tomatoes
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat Broiler and cover a baking sheet with foil.
2. Cut Baguette into thrids and then slice each third in half, drizzel each half with Garlic Olive Oil.
3. Top with slices of tomato approx 3 per toast.
4. Tear up basil and sprinkle on top of tomatoes along with Itialian seasoning and salt and pepper.
5. Cover herbs and tomatoes with Mozzarella cheese.
6. Broil about 4 inches from heat for 3-5 minuets and untill the cheese is melted to your liking.
-Megan and Whitney
Brooke, Jane, Megan & Whitney