July 13, 2011

Stunning Silhouettes

I love silhouettes used in decorating. It reminds me of doing them in class when I was little. It's a great way to personalize your art and your design style. Although they have an old feel to them, dating back to the 18th century, they have gone from traditional black and white portraits to colorful fun shapes, animals, and actions in all different mediums. 

 A traditional approach.

 A modern take on the silhouette.

Colored silhouettes, with different shaped and sized frames.

 I love these creative silhouettes, straying from the original side head shot.

What a great DIY idea!

They don't have to be hanging on the wall, how fun is this family silhouette pillow?

source: Pinterest

-Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Something I've been meaning to try is a silhouette of my pup, Edy. I think Pretty Penny would like one too!

    ReplyDelete