July 13, 2011

The Filling Station


I tried out a new little coffee and sandwich shop last week that I heard about called the Filling Station, at 30th & McGee. I had driven past it several times, thinking it looked fun, but I always thought it was just a coffee shop. Well I was wrong, and I started hearing great things about their lunch, so I gave it a try.

It was a fun kind of eclectic crowd, some drinking coffee and studying, some just grabbing a quick lunch. There is indoor and outdoor seating, with a rustic feel inside, and a great Ipod playlist going! Any lunch spot that plays Lil Wayne has my vote!

We had the Caprese sandwich on an awesome french loaf, loaded with arugula (my fave) and a roast beef sandwich on Asiago bun. They have fresh daily soups, so we tried the tortilla soup, which was amazing!


I definitely recommend this place, as a coffee stop or a new lunch spot. Check out their Web site for a full menu.

-Whitney

Filling Station on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment