I have been looking for a new DIY project and found this idea on Pinterest. These coasters are great for any room in your house, but they are also a great gift idea (I gave at set to my friend Stefanie for her birthday last month).
Scrapbook paper cut into squares (3.75" x 3.75")
Clear Acrylic Gloss Coating
Felt cut into squares (3.75" x 3.75")
Square tiles from your local hardware store, I got these from Home Depot for only $.16!! (4.25"x4.25")
1. Cut scrapbook paper and felt into squares.
2. Brush one coat of Mod Podge onto tile.
3. Place one piece of scrapbook paper on center of tile. Allow to dry.
4. Brush another coat of Mod Podge over paper. Allow to dry (about 15min), repeat this step 2-3 times.
5. Once Mod Podge is dry, take the coasters outside (in the grass or place newspaper down) and spray each tile with clear acrylic gloss coating. The sealer makes the tiles water-resistant.
6. Allow coaster to dry completely. Once dry, glue the felt pieces to the back center of each coaster.
7. Wrap 4 coasters up in a bow and you have a perfect handcrafted gift!