May 4, 2011

Run for The Roses

The race is on and you don't have to be in Louisville to experience the Derby first hand.  Throw your own party!  Below are a few ideas for the perfect afternoon and what is a better excuse to dress preppy, wear big hats, drink Bourbon and gamble than the Kentucky Derby

The Official Poster of 2011 Kentucky Derby

The Invitation

Requirement for the Ladies


The Drink of the Day



As for the gambling portion of the day I will leave that to the professionals, however my favorite part is hearing the fun names of the horses.  A few of my favorite this year are Pants on FireDance City, Decisive Moment. My favorite name of all is Uncle Mo, not only because he is ranked #1 but because that is the nickname given to my dad by my 17 little cousins. How Perfect!

-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment