This entree is great for both lunch and dinner. The flavor from the grill is so summery and although you are missing the meat its still so filling. This pita goes perfectly with the Balsamic Quinoa Salad and completes the perfect meatless meal.
4 large Portabella Mushroom Caps
4 Whole Wheat Pita Pockets
1 1/2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1 large (home-grown) Tomato
1/3 cup Honey Goat Cheese
1/2 cup Fresh Basil
1. Turn on BBQ grill to medium heat.
2. Combine the garlic and the olive oil and brush onto the mushroom caps and the whole wheat pitas, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place the mushrooms on the grill (after spraying with cooking spray) and cook for eight minutes, about four minutes each side. During the last four minutes throw on the pitas and toast them alongside the Portabellas.
4. Spread the honey goat cheese over the tops of the mushrooms letting the heat melt the cheese.
5. Top with a fresh slice of tomato and garnish with the basil.
6. Enjoy with sides, Balsamic Quinoa Salad seen here.