July 3, 2012

Fashion DIY for the 4th

I am currently obsessed with jean vests and all I could picture wearing for the 4th of July was a jean vest with a vintage looking flag on the back.  Well I searched high and low and ...nothing!  Huge bummer.  So I decided to get out my fabric paints and DIY!

Supplies:
Fabric Paint - red, white and blue
Old Jean Vest (found at Arizona Trading Co.)
Sponge Brush
Paper Plates
Old Magazine
Masking Tape
Foam core and Qtip (will explain later)

Use Masking Tape and tape off stripes on half of your vest...


Once tape is even, paint directly on vest, you might have to layer the paint up, I think I did about 3 coats of red paint for the stripes...


The other side of my vest needed stars to complete the look...


I made a stamp out of foam core and a Qtip (see detail)...


Boom goes the Fireworks! Ta-da

Get creative think cut off jean shorts, jean romper, or even a sundress...the list goes on and on. 
Have a Safe and Fun 4th of July.
-Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment