April 2, 2012

Spring Cleaning your Closet


Switching out your closet for the Spring season is always bittersweet! I am so excited to get out my sun dresses, sandals and shorts, but the process of bringing my Spring and Summer clothes from the basement, and storing my winter stuff, is not so exciting! Each time I trade out my wardrobe, i try to get rid of some things that I don't wear very often, or ever!

I came across this article on Apartment Therapy and thought it had some great tips that I wanted to share.

1) CHOOSE ONE CATEGORY AT A TIME

2) MAKE THREE PILES: KEEP, CONSIGN AND DONATE

3) IN ORDER TO KEEP AN ARTICLE OF CLOTHING, IT MUST PASS THIS TEST:
  • Do I like/am I flattered by the cut AND the fabric AND the color?
  • Am I comfortable in it?
  • Does it fit me right this minute (not when I lose 10 lbs)?
  • Can any damage (stains or holes be fixed)?
  • Can I think of more than one place I can wear it?
  • Does it go with other things in my wardrobe?
  • Have I worn it in the past year?
I hope this helps you and I both with our Spring cleaning and Organizing!

-Whitney
 

1 comment:

  1. Reorganizing the closet is on my chore list for this week… thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete