April 13, 2011

DIY Frame and Wire Picture Hanger

I have been looking for ideas for a bulletin board/picture holder/place to display all my wedding/shower/bachelorette invitations that are stuffed in a junk drawer in my little closet of a room. I found this cute and simple picture hanger..... and I decided to give it a try.  It turned out perfectly.


Supplies:
wooden frame, any size
paint (I used spray paint)
clothes pins
small screws
wire (I used copper)
drill and screw driver
needle-nose pliers

My first step was to find a frame. The first thrift store I went to, I found the perfect one (and it was only $12). Then I found a golden yellow spray paint that matched the accent pillows on my bed.


Measure where you want your screws, so that it is even on both sides. Drill pilot holes and then screw in your screws leaving them sticking out about 1/4 of an inch, leaving room to wrap the wire.


Once all of your screws are in, paint the whole thing (I painted the screws so they blended in a little more).



Once the frame is totally dry, cut a piece of wire long enough to go across the frame and wrap a few times around both screws. Run the wire through the metal part of the clothes pins. Using needle nose pliers wrap the wire tightly around both screws. Repeat for each wire....bada bing!
  
*Tip: After I hung mine and clipped some pictures and notes on it, I realized that the top wire shouldn't hang as far down from the frame as I put it, since everything is clipped below, there is nothing above the top wire, and it looks a little bare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment